With offices all over the world, Vistatec is growing fast as the demand for global content increases. We are always looking for motivated, innovative and hardworking individuals to build on our success. People that join our global team get to share in our reputation of being a globalization industry leader, second to none when it comes to technology, reliability and customer experience. We work with some of the world's most admired organizations and our people get to play a part in their success, as we make it possible for them to bring their products and services to global markets quicker than ever before.
At Vistatec, we promote an environment of creativity, innovation and collaboration and we are passionate about customer service. Our people get to work with cutting edge technologies, process optimising workflows and an organizational culture that knows no boundaries. We work hard and are rewarded well. We enjoy flexible work practices allowing us serve our global client base to the highest standards whilst maintaining a healthy work life balance. We are proud to have one of the highest staff retention rates in the industry. This role will suit someone looking to join a dynamic and progressive company where you can learn, grow and succeed.
Language Quality Specialists are involved in all aspects of coordinating the language function in a multiple language vendor environment. The team ensures delivery of cost efficient and quality driven language function by understanding the needs and expectations of our clients.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing language quality, monitoring language quality and devising language quality plans to suit vendors and clients’ requirements.
- Working with a team of dedicated Language Quality Specialists. Providing technical support to the team on linguistic challenges across a range of accounts and verticals. Provide direction on best practices to the LQS team.
- Terminology management, robust knowledge of tools and processes. Devising and implementing terminology management plans for complex projects.
- Creating and maintaining reference materials for translation teams.
- Query Management, providing support to translation teams on content queries.
- Training new Suppliers; holding on-boarding calls and providing support on translation tools.
- Carrying out Language QA checks (LQA) and Technical linguistic QA checks (TQA). Making recommendations based on QA results.
- Managing Language Scorecards for both internal QAs and client QAs. Liaising with translation teams and independent reviewers on scorecard rebuttals.
- Managing Client language review feedback, working closely with teams to understand clients’ feedback.
- If Translation teams require support, working with other departments to devise Improvement plans.
- Supporting other departments when required:
- Supply Chain Management. Assisting with testing new translation and review teams. Creating test translation kits to recruit new vendors for Vistatec.
- Sales: Working closely with Sales and Production to secure new business, taking part in new client test translation.
- Source content analysis: Assessing suitability of content before translation. Liaising with production to flag issues to the client in advance of translation kick off.
- 5 years + Language experience in the localisation industry
- Degree or Masters in translation
- Fluent English, ideally 1-2 additional languages
- Expert knowledge of standard CAT packages (Trados, XTM , SDLX, Catalyst )
- A problem solver with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, should be able to prioritise and multitask
- Keen interest in learning new tools and staying abreast of what is cutting edge in the industry