As the Localization Quality Assurance Lead, you will ensure the Quality Internationalization of our Digital Experiences. This role is essential to aligning our Product Squads with our 3rd Party testing vendors to deliver Quality testing for releases across Digital.
This role focused on the internationalization and localization testing of our digital experiences. It does not focus on linguistic testing. (Linguistic testing involves checking for syntactic, grammatical and cultural correctness for the target language. Internationalization testing includes checking that the software that can work uniformly across all regions of the world (was properly ‘internationalized’). Localization testing includes reviewing the software for a specific country or ‘localized’ region to make sure time, date formats etc are appropriate.)
It is your responsibility to work collaboratively with stakeholders to define product needs and schedules, and create test plans. You then manage the execution of Test Plans in collaboration with our Globalization Managers (who own strategy and prioritization) and Project Managers (who own day-to-day engagement and timelines).
The right candidate will have experience managing global software quality in a highly complex, agile development environment. Strong communication is essential to keep everyone informed, aligned, and keep the ship moving!
- Coordinate testing and be the main point of contact with 3rd party QA vendors in testing our products in non-English environments
- Plan, develop, and manage tests for software releases
- Troubleshoot issues and identify the root cause
- Work with developers, product managers and project managers to quickly resolve defects
- Leading and coordinating Quality Assurance - Localization efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions
- Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints
- Help with triaging and prioritization of bugs; follow through with feature teams to make sure critical bugs are addressed in a timely manner
- Identify and implement process enhancements to present excellent operational efficiency
- Ensure data normalization and coverage across our Portfolio in alignment with Global Ready Scorecard.
- Report on testing readiness, results, and root cause analysis.
- 4+ years of experience with software testing and development with web & mobile applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal and external teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a "customer first" attitude
- Experience managing efforts in localization and internationalization quality assurance and system level testing.
- Knowledge of software quality assurance and testing methodologies
- Exceptional logic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience