Vistatec has been facilitating global content and product release services for clients worldwide since 1997. Considered one of the world’s most progressive and innovative localization solutions providers, Vistatec is widely recognised for quality and technical excellence. We are extremely results oriented and always place emphasis on our clients' fundamental business objectives: driving global revenue, increasing profitability and taking out unnecessary cost. As a result, 38 of the world’s 50 largest software companies have chosen Vistatec for their localisation needs and our record for client retention is unrivalled in the industry.
This is an onsite role working with a renowned global retail brand. The Globalization team on which the role exists helps the client look, feel and sound authentic to users around the globe. The Globalization team collaborate with Engineering, Product and Brand teams to steer products through globalization and ensure successful international launches. The Globalization team is a collection of enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable people who excel in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment. You will flex your project management skills in order to ensure that our localization process runs effectively and efficiently.
The Localization Project Manager is responsible for overseeing localization of one or more products as determined by the Sr. Globalization Manager. This position supports the Product, PM, Design, Development and Linguistic QA teams by managing and executing a variety of tasks related to the localization of international products for integrated web and mobile platforms. This also includes the coordination of language service providers for translation and linguistic QA, and management of glossaries and style guides.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with product managers/design/engineering/QA leads with production of multiple sport categories, including gathering and organizing content, managing project plans and communicating to internal groups.
• Work closely with vendors and their extended teams to ensure Quality strategy is expanded and rolled out across all client components.
• Scheduling and tracking tasks and assets, reporting status, identifying and reporting risks, assisting in ensuring adherence to schedules, coordinating with resources throughout the organization and/or agencies/vendors to ensure successful completion of assigned projects.
• Manage content within internal CMS on a project-by-project basis.
• Support Sr Globalization Manager in communications and reviews to the GEO.
• Serves as primary day-to-day contact for external partners and internal teams on assigned projects, serving as information source to translators and reviewers in territories.
• Coordinating with localization QA and owns localization bug triages.
• Attend daily scrums and sprint planning.
• Work with engineering and product to ensure localization requirements are captured and planned properly within sprints.
• Oversee the entire translation process, ensuring all updates are pulled back into TMS.
• Upload and process files for translation.
• Documents and updates key practices within the Globalization WIKI.
• Contributes and shares ideas / competitive practices.
• Provides feedback on process improvements.
• Escalate issues/risks to Localization Manager.
• Report on project status to Globalization team and maintain tracking of key KPIs as defined by Localization Manager.
• The PM will excel at the basics of Project Management and have a strong attention to detail. They will be self-sufficient and comfortable making decisions and pushing tasks forward. They can take the lead in meetings where appropriate and will be well organized.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
• Strong cross-team communication skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with team of creatives, software developers, project managers, and non-technical people.
• Must have a high level of attention to detail.
• Must be able to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment that demands flexibility and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
• Familiarity with translation tools and CMS is a plus.
• Digital production experience (web, mobile, email, etc).
• Experience in the Localization industry expected.
• Proficiency in one of the following languages is a plus: Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, French. Other language skills may be considered.
• Understanding of core linguistic issues and challenges.
• Understanding of Globalization concepts such as cultural issues, character sets and locales, etc.