Vistatec has been facilitating global content and product release services for clients worldwide since 1997. Considered one of the world’s most progressive and innovative localisation solutions providers, Vistatec is widely recognised for quality and technical competence. We are extremely results oriented and always place emphasis on our clients' fundamental business objectives: driving global revenue, increasing profitability and taking out unnecessary cost. As a result, 38 of the world’s 50 largest software companies have chosen Vistatec for their localisation needs and our record for client retention is unrivalled in the industry.
This position is onsite at client location in Bangalore & Gurgaon, India.
Vistatec Language Review Services Production team has an opening for a Project Manager with specific focus on deliverables and quality monitoring for Indic locales. The Project Manager will be involved in training, monitoring and supporting a virtual and onsite team of linguists, defining processes, running language quality initiatives, ensuring on time delivery of projects and interfacing with client POCs.
Most projects are processed automatically from start to finish with little oversight required. Our goal is to increase automation where possible, so we can focus on quality and strengthening relationships within our team, with our vendors and with our client. Our Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Project Assistants work primarily on managing exceptions, especially urgent requests as well as improving processes and tools for constant increased efficiency.
Our team works as a global team, with support covering all time zones. We have hundreds of linguists who are dedicated specifically to our program. We work hard to train and develop our resources and maintain very low turnover as compared to the industry standard.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
● Ensure the client receives superior standards of customer service
● Timely delivery of all projects and tasks within budget and in accordance with client requirements
● Monitor on-time deliveries and ensure successful completion of linguists’ tasks
● Partner with PMs in other time zones to ensure all communications are addressed in applicable time zones
● Budget monitoring – monitor time allocation, time spent, logged time etc.
● Learning and working with Vistatec and client-specific tools and platforms
● Provide training to linguists (on tools, processes, responsibilities, etc.)
● Manage linguist community, monitor performance, supervise, identify where correction is needed and follow up accordingly
● Ensure consistency across the program, suggest and share best practices and process improvements
● Provide support and partnership to the program counterpart on the client’s side
● Internal and external stakeholder management
● Status reporting customized to the client’s needs
● Run project kick-offs and post-project analysis initiatives
● Work with the client, reviewers and translators on quality improvement initiatives
● Central handling of queries and support requests
● Monitoring of project assets to address issues proactively
● Provide troubleshooting for linguists and clients
● Documenting processes, contributing ideas and implementing improvements for overall benefit to the team.
● A minimum of 3 years project management and/or language quality management experience working in Localization
● Experience managing a team of onsite and/or offsite linguists
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Problem solver with excellent planning and organizational skills
● Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills
● Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
● Excellent financial awareness, enthusiastic and hard working
● Self-sufficient and reliable, ability and willingness to learn new tools
● Fluent in English with the ability to communicate clearly in writing (English) and face-to-face online.
● Technical proficiency working with and troubleshooting different computer platforms, tools and ability to understand proprietary systems.
Ideally, the candidate will have/be:
● Degree or Masters in Translation, Business or relevant field
● Previous face to face communications with clients over video chat
● Experience with Google online tools such as Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.
● Documenting process
● Working in a quality certified environment also a plus (ISO, etc.)
● Negotiation skills are a plus!