The duties and responsibilities of the Supply Chain Business Partner involve all standard aspects of finding, selecting and qualifying account specific language partners to meet profitability, quality and performance objectives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all Recruitment activities for new Translation, Linguistic & other (SEM, SEO, Audio, etc.) Review and Production Suppliers including:
- Effective sourcing using both traditional and modern methods;
- Screening of all potential Suppliers to ensure they meet criteria for testing stage; Effective testing of every Supplier to ensure they meet VistaTEC Quality Standards;
- Ensure our Supply base is continually being added to, to meet the changing needs of our business.
- Manage targeted recruitment drives that arise for specific locales and / or specific verticals working with other members of the SCM Team, Sales Teams and Productions Teams;
- Continually develop creative ways to source new Suppliers;
- Identify suppliers who meet targeted budgetary guidelines, negotiate rates and other work arrangements with new suppliers and identify opportunities to develop strategic pricing models;
- Ensure all new suppliers sign the Vistatec SLA; T&C, etc.
- Work with LC on development, maintenance and evaluation of supplier tests on an ongoing basis to ensure they meet the changing requirements of the business;
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, practices, tools and resources regarding suppliers and propose revisions to company direction, operation and policies accordingly
- Work closely with staff in other departments to meet client, departmental and company needs
- Assist sales staff with client proposals and manage the test translation process within the SCM team;
- Attend Client/Sales/Production meetings if required;
- Provide input to Production staff on supplier selection and assignments;
- Evaluate and maintain data integrity of supplier databases, records, templates, instructions, training materials, procedures and other documents relating to new suppliers.
- Manage supplier pool effectively
- Third level qualification in Language or related field;
- Thorough knowledge of the Localisation industry;
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience and at least 3 of those in procurement / supply chain / vendor management roles;
- Strong financial management experience; Understand business implications of decisions and demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Strong organisational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Detail orientated, analytical and ability to make effective decisions;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to mediate, negotiate, and resolve conflicts constructively
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Working knowledge of various computer-aided translation tools
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative strategies and solutions to achieve organizational goals.
- Problem solver, results orientated and customer focused;
- A second language would be beneficial but not essential.