Arabic Freelance Reviewer
Join our team
Vistatec are looking for a linguist with excellent Arabic written language skills and, while some translation is required, primarily the role will involve reviewing others’ translations; correcting and editing them for publication while also mentoring the translators so that they can understand and correct their errors. Our client is a well-regarded and innovative multinational tech company, specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing and software. We’re looking for a talented Arabic linguist who writes well and fluently in their native language. Someone who is passionate about maintaining quality Arabic content on the web to encourage users in the local market to use the localized content and is comfortable using technology such as smartphones and tablets, and also apps, sites and social media for their locale.
Our reviewers are independent language experts who perform the final step in the localization process before content is published. For this reason, it is necessary to take the client’s test to ensure that a candidate’s language and translation skills match the standard and expectations of the client.
- Review and audit content translated by agencies (Help, UI, marketing, etc.);
- Carry out linguistic QAs of localized pages;
- Provide feedback for, and work with vendors to improve quality of translations;
- Help ensure the client’s quality requirements are followed by all vendors;
- Fix linguistic bugs as required;
- Interact with translators and other reviewers in linguistic discussions.
- Native Arabic speaker with excellent language skills and an in-depth knowledge of Arabic language rules;
- High level of English is required – all source will be in English and it’s the main working language;
- Strong background in localisation, copywriting or transcreation;
- Tech savvy;
- BA/BSc in Translation, Philology or a related discipline would be ideal;
- Passion for languages;
- Experience/Knowledge of CAT tools processes.
Language: English to Arabic.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week on average, ongoing project work.
CAT tools: access and training is provided by Vistatec.
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TALENTED INDIVIDUALS
Vistatec Dublin Office
One of our offices takes place in Dublin, Ireland.
Careers at Vistatec
“Every day at Vistatec we have a kind of rewarding challenge.
You don’t know what you’re going to find.
Vistatec has thousands of experts around the world.
We really think global!”
It is part of our core business to understand the culture of each country and to
manage people who will manage technologies.
That will help people and companies understand each other.
We understand and we can help them.
20th Anniversary in 2017
We celebrate our success with who makes part of that.