Simplified Chinese In-house Linguist
Join our team
We are currently looking for an in-house Simplified Chinese linguist to work in our client’s office in Overseas International Center in the Chaoyang District of Beijing for 20 hours per week. This is continuous project work with no specified end date. The rate we’re offering is competitive. Our client is a world-renowned multinational tech company, specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing and software.
OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To work closely with our client’s teams, carrying out linguistic reviews of content translated by translation vendors. This includes proofreading and correcting errors in the text, but goes further to include improving the overall readability of the Simplified Chinese text to ensure it reads fluently and naturally in your language. The in-house linguist would also be required to linguistically QA online products both on desktop and mobile devices provided in the office, ensuring that the text appears as it should.
- Native Chinese speaker with excellent language skills and an in-depth knowledge of Simplified Chinese written language rules.
- High level of English is required – all source will be in English and it’s the main working language.
- BA/BSc in Translation, IT or a related discipline preferred.
- Proven experience as a translator/reviewer.
- Experience in IT translation and familiar with localization basics.
- Advanced level of computer literacy.
- Interested in technology – particularly apps, websites and social media in your native language.
- Passion for excellent language quality standards.
- Experience/Knowledge of CAT tools processes.
If you feel you would be a good match for this role and are interested in applying, please email your most recent English CV to Jane Yeung at [email protected]. A small test will be required in order to proceed with the application process.
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TALENTED INDIVIDUALS
Vistatec Dublin Office
One of our offices takes place in Dublin, Ireland.
Careers at Vistatec
“Every day at Vistatec we have a kind of rewarding challenge.
You don’t know what you’re going to find.
Vistatec has thousands of experts around the world.
We really think global!”
It is part of our core business to understand the culture of each country and to
manage people who will manage technologies.
That will help people and companies understand each other.
We understand and we can help them.
20th Anniversary in 2017
We celebrate our success with who makes part of that.