Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”)
WHO ARE WE?
Vistatec Holdings Limited (“Vistatec”), registered in Ireland with company number 397629 and whose registered address is at Vistatec House 700 South Circular Road Kilmainham Dublin 8, Ireland.
We provide global content solution services to our Clients.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or from others, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) (the Acts):
- the data controller is Vistatec when it processes Client and Employee data or when it processes potential Client personal data;
- the data processor is Vistatec when it processes personal data on behalf of its Clients;
Our data protection contact or Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) may be contacted at
700 South Circular Road,
Ireland Email: [email protected]
Phone: +353 1 416 8000
All references to “our”, “us” or “we” within this Privacy Statement are deemed to refer to Vistatec Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
This Privacy Statement (together with our terms and conditions of use contained in the following link: http://www.vistatec.com/en/home/legal (the “Terms & Conditions”) and any other documents referred to in either of them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www. vistatec.com (the “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into, and is part of, the Terms & Conditions.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU:
You may give us personal data by:
- Using Vistatec ’s services. Clients supply us with information which may include the Client’s employees’ contact details; a contact name; email; business address; telephone number and billing payment details.
- By filling in forms on the Site such as the contact us form for sales enquiries, general enquiries, Freelances applications and Agency Applications;
- By corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise (including through any new features of the Site which we reserve the right to add at any point in the future). This may include information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on the Site, and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and information relating to your business so that we can provide services to you.
- Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in your application.
- By visiting the Site. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our contact telephone number provided on the Site.
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE OBTAIN FROM OTHERS?
When you use our services, we may obtain the following categories of personal data from others:
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive personal data about you from them.
We may combine this personal data with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out below (depending on the types of information we receive). We occasionally engage a background check agency to carry out background checks on you. The categories of personal data included in these checks are: signature, first, middle and last name, other names used (alias, maiden, nickname), government ID, date of birth, issuing government, current address (Street number, name, city, state/province, country and postal code), daytime phone and email.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We collect the information in order to provide you with our services/products, to market our services, to improve our website and to recruit staff.
We will use this information, as follows:
- To set you/your company up as a Client on our systems;
- To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you;
- To deliver information about our products and services, where you have subscribed to receive same;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or supply or negotiations of a sale or supply to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (or where such data is collected over the telephone, please verbally notify our representative obtaining such data form you);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To ensure payment of our invoices.
- To create a candidate profile for you if you are a prospective employee;
- To process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other employment-related checks, and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Freelance Applicants/ Agency Applicants:
- To create a profile for you if you are a prospective freelance or agency applicant;
- To process applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other background-related checks, and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you.
- To administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that may interest you or them.
The legal bases for the processing of your data are:
- That you have provided consent for the processing for one or more specified purposes such as marketing for example when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests which we pursue in providing you with quotes and proposals about our services prior to a contract where such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your information.
WHO DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH?
We share your personal data with our selected business associates/ suppliers and contractors to provide you with our services/products. For example, these business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers. Where an assessment of your credit score is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, we will share information with our selected credit reference agencies.
- In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- As part of a project with other companies in the Vistatec Group.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Data with other companies of the Vistatec Group of Companies. A list of these group companies is set out below:
- Vistatec Holdings and
- Vistatec Inc.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP HOLD OF YOUR INFORMATION?
The time periods for which we retain your information depend on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted.
For further information on the periods for which your personal data is kept, please see our data retention policy which can be accessed here.
DO WE TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION OR EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at:
- Our US entity Vistatec Inc and
- Our Clients
based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for which there is not an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission.
[if destination is not the subject of an adequacy decision then either a derogation under Article 49(1) GDPR applies which does not have to be listed here or [The following appropriate safeguards have been put in place to protect your information and you may obtain a copy of those safeguards by [insert method of obtaining a copy or direct the data subject to the location where they have been made available][or a 49(1) second paragraph situation applies which has been notified to the supervisory authority].
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
- The right to have us erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing personal data about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that personal data to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting [email protected]
You may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local Supervisory Authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commission. The website is www.dataprotection.ie.
Any changes we may make to the Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to the Privacy Statement.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Our Data Protection Officer / Data Protection Contact can be contacted by
700 South Circular Road,
Ireland Email: [email protected]
Phone: +353 1 416 8000
© 2015-2018 Vistatec Holdings Limited, registered in Ireland with company number 397629 and whose registered address is at Vistatec House 700 South Circular Road Kilmainham Dublin 8